Saturday, January 19, 2013

This week we talked about fertility and the declining population. I have to admit that I was kind of surprised that people think smaller families are better and big families are not modern. How sad is that? To hear that the world's population is declining is a sad thing to hear. Family is so important, and without that, how can we survive? A big result of this is that women are having less children. The birthrate is lower that the replacement rate. This means that population rate is getting smaller faster than the rate of childbirth.
I don't like that people nowadays think that smaller families are better. They say its less responsibility, you're more financially stable, and so on. Personally for me, I like big families, and I think it's way better than having one or two children. So many more memories can be created, and it's just a lot more fun all around. I come from a family of four children, and I love having more than one sibling to talk to. I also love having my sister-in-law as a part of my family as well and getting to know her family.
Both of my parents come from large families, and I love being able to have a lot of family and to hear all the amazing and fun things they get to be a part of. I'm friends with just about everyone on Facebook, and it's great to be able to communicate with all of them and to see what they are doing in their lives. Family events are always better with more people, and I hope that the rest of the world can see this, and see that family is so important to our population.

No comments:

Post a Comment